Saturday, August 1, 2009

a new challenge

hmmmm...no-one warned me about the next 2 challenges...birds and sprouting mulch !!! after preparing the beds and putting so much work into it, I was surprised to wake up one morning and see the garden beds completely dug up...yep bush turkeys and pidgeons...not peewee...he wouldn't do that. So I put my thinking cap on and got on the internet to find a solution and came up with this idea...and it has been hugely successful !!




the sprouting mulch...well that's another story...I got up one morning to find every garden bed covered with 5cm bright green sprouts....eeeeekkkkk, the straw mulch must have had heaps of seed in it and yes it sprouted..so spent the next few days weeding it all out !

heidi decided she had better come out and keep an eye on things as well.....

No comments: